Bridgestone Dueller Revo

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Looking to get some new shoes and was wondering what your thoughts on Bridestone Dueller Revo 285/75/16 are?
And is 170 ea. a good price?
Also. I'm currently running the stock replacement Pirelli Scorpion 265/75/16. What would the overall height difference be? I only have about 2.5 inches to spare and still get in the garage.
Thanks.
135hand222.gif

Oh BTW, I haven't been around in a while, so to all that remember me. What's Up Folks.;tu . And to those who don't :tounge :D

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have the revo's.....they are the best and the worst tire i have ever had.

the good: they have the grip of a boiling hot drag slick. it doesnt matter what the conditions are, these tires stay stuck! dry, wet, hot or cold, they make it like you are on rails. i have never had an issue with hydroplaning either. they are VERY quiet, they handle insane loads and stay cool, from a performance aspect these tires are SPECTACULAR!

the bad: this may only apply to my situation, but i wear through these tires like pencil erasers. the front tires wear fairly well, not as good as a firestone steeltex by comparison. the rears are my problem, and no, its not from spinning them (read "the good" and you will undertsand why). my problem is that i tow heavy loads often, so the rears stay inflated to 75psi (factory recomended, and a good pressure for towing my loads i have found.) when i am just driving to and from work, they are severely over inflated for carrying an empty bed. because of this the center wears down to about 1/8" after 30,000 miles. i rotate them front to back, and get another 20-30k out of them, and they are basically wasted at that point. i think if you were to run them always loaded, or with less pressure, the wear mileage would greatly increase.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant have a sticky tire AND a long wearing tire....at the same time
you can have a LONG WEARING <HI-MILE> tire *AND* expect it
to be a road holding sticky tire too.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I've had excellent results with my 265's E's. I origianlly got some 2 D's that I did not catch until 24,000 miles and they wore BAD. But the E's have been great. Good traction, handling and wear. I keep my rear around 70-75 also and don't wear the centers, but mine are narrower than 285's. Sounds like a fair ,not excellent, price.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses guys.

Pretty sure it's BS, but I've been told that you cant put 285's on my stock, 02 limited, wheels . Something along the lines of, you have to have an 8" wheel for 285's and my stocks are 7".
Does that sound right to any of you?

Thanks.
Jamie

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses guys.

Pretty sure it's BS, but I've been told that you cant put 285's on my stock, 02 limited, wheels . Something along the lines of, you have to have an 8" wheel for 285's and my stocks are 7".
Does that sound right to any of you?

Thanks.
Jamie

U R right, it is BS.

I've been running LT285/75R16's on stock rims for many years now with out problems. I have had Revo's in the past and loved them. When they wore out, I couldn't afford another set of Revo's. I got another brand of tires, but the same size.

Jinco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I love my Revo's. This is my second set. The first set went 50k with no problems and would have went further with a little better care. Mine are 265/e's

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Tail Gunner, What brand of tires did you get the after the Revos and how do you like them?

I got American Car Care tires. American Car Care is a nationwide chain of locally owned, franchised repair shops. They have their own credit card for charging repairs, often for 6 to 12 months no interest. It comes in handy if the truck or car's broke, the checkbook balance is a tad low and it's colder than a well digger's butt outdoors and you don't have a heated garage. :innocent

I've known the owner for a number of years. He told me the house brand tires are made for American Car Care by Michelin. They seem to be working ok. The one shortcoming is they do seem rather lacking in traction when you have that "greasy" snow on the road right around 32*F.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Jamie,our Excursion spends most of it's time on road but do make it to the snow/ice covered roads a couple times a year.

Revo's was my initial choice based on fellow Excursion owners positive feedback of the tire model but Michelin was running a deal on the LTX M/S which I couldn't turn down.

The 285's balance,ride,control and wear better on 8" wheels which I'll back up :sweet

Eagle Alloy 058 16"x8"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58