Help Needed bringin the stroke out of hibernation,but gotta fix it first????

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well the 95 listed in my signature has a problem.its harder than hell to start and gets worse when hot.it act like a gasser with the timing advanced too far.i think thats due to the starter,replacing it in the morning.but it also has a skip to it and choppy idle.hold it at around 2000 rpm for a few and let it go back to idle and itll stall.if i unplug the ICP sensor its runs alot better and doesnt stall.with ICP plugged in its got a slow throttle response,like "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeev.unplug the ICP and itll rev right up till it hits the rev limit and wont stall when i let off the throttle.i am still running the stealth dual hpops and i also have the cross over line as well.but i have the front pump running the drivers side head and the rear pump running the passengers side head.it holds 80PSI of fuel pressure all the time.at 1500RPM i have 50PSI of low pressure oil.it did have bad O-rings on all 8 injectors.replaced those and here i am.it will set the p1211 code if i hold it at 2500RPM.

any ideas??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
We don't help members who go away for months on end and then decide to
come back when their trucks start having trouble. :tongue2

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Don't be a stranger Rich.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
hey hey be nice!:tounge with custody of my son now ive been very busy with things going south quickly.i think my IDI heard the "special" price i gave a good friend of mine today if he wanted it.the starter took a turn for the worst tonight in front of another friends house.we had to push start that 9200 pound brick to pop start it,thank god it was still hot :rant

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Rich, I want you to know that I was only messing around with you.
I meant no ill will with my comments. I am sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i know,i was just givin it back to ya. :sweet

new starter in both trucks this morning.both fire right up like they should now. ;tu now to swap the plates when i get the money hopefully this week and see what the strokes gonna do.im gonna take a chance and hope it runs ok for a little bit

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok i also dumped half a bottle of power service diesel kleen into 5 gallons of fuel.it seems to be running a bit better.but it definately fires right up like it used to with the new starter.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
no im selling the ramptruck and putting my stroke back on the road.im actually getting out of the car bussiness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58