Broke Da Cell & Now I'm Lost

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to learn how to use the new cell phone that is :( :(

I've been using a old LG8100 that's been abused and misused for quite some time now & finally after dropping it again on it's face and cracking the display to the point I can't see or read anyting went in to the verizion store to get a "free" upgrade.

At 1st the sales guy was nice and friendly & showed me 3 or 4 different phones and we played with em for a while & thanks to the oldest daughters input I ended up with a GzOne-TypeV that's certified to MIL–Standard 810F for Water, Dust, and Shock Resistance, it is Ruggedized and sports a 2.0 Megapixel Camera for capturing Picture and Video, Voice Activated Dialing, and a Speakerphone.

Was funny how he went from being super friendly (almost to the point of anoying) to a real azzhat when I told him I did not want the case/car charger/ear phone he was so kindly throwing in for an extra $70.00 and walked out of there with the phone for $20.00 and with a $20.00 rebate :tongue: :tongue:

Guess he lost his commission on the package deal as he was really forcing it down my throat & was told NO several times before he got the point.

Now I've just got to figure out how to use the stupid thing :oops: :oops:

Went from this phone
LG8100.jpg

to this
061019-GzOne-TypeV.jpg

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new phone might not be so bad if you removed that hanger/lanyard loop thing that's attached to the flip-up part of the phone. I'm suprised my phone has lasted as long as it has, given how much I beat on it/dropped it/slammed it when I was going through -P school.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would I want to take off the "grill guard" :roflmao :roflmao

Was thinking about getting a Gemtech Tactical Retention Lanyard and attaching it to the "grill guard" :thumbs :thumbs

trlL.jpg

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the phone sales people getting you really ticked off. Plus when you make changes to your account, they tack another year or two to your contract. However, awhile back, my wife needed a new phone, so we went to the local Sprint store and got her a razor phone. They worked a deal to where we both got two new free phones (both razors), but we had to add two more "lines" to our account, giving us six lines for the price that we had been paying for four. Worst part is that we have two numbers that we probably will never use, but the best part is that we got two phones without any extra cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg