Bubbling Degas Tank?

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, last night I made a 120mi round trip to my grandpa's 91st birthday. On the way there and back, I kept hearing a tone sound when I was under acceleration and for just a second after I let off the throttle. It sounded like the teakettle noise discussed by rgdillon. I thought this was a little weird, so I took it over to the shop when I got home, and found a loose(really loose) hoseclamp on the radiator hose on the bottom of the truck. I had lost a little anti freeze, but it could have been way worse. I imagine this is still bits and pieces of the ****ty work done by the ford dealer in iowa. I topped off the degas tank and tightened the clamp, and it doesn't make the noise anymore, however, I notice a little bit of bubbling in the degas tank. Do you guys think this is reason for concern? I hope I am not pushing a head gasket. Think I should check my egr valve/cooler? The bubbles are coming out of the hose that leads down to the valley of the engine. Anyone have this happen?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah krist-

does not sound good..all you can do is keep an eye on it.. let it cool down (we/you have nice temps for that - hahahahaha)..on a cold engine, take for another somewhat lengthy drive and see what you notice..

keep us posted..

p.s. i happened to me too....wanna see pix..check my gallery

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a Really Loose Rad hose, you may have sucked in some air ? But as red said: Drive it and see what you notice..:dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
X2 to what BIG Joe sez. if you got air in the coolant system, it will take some time to purge all the air. you might have to top off a little bit here and there. i would not get worried about it until it becomes a regular occurrence.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 Paranoia??

I just got back from driving it 50 miles or so, I notice nothing wrong at all now. Degas has pressure now, no more bubbling, I do still notice some wave action in there, but I think that is just splashing around from one of the return lines. I think joe may be right, but I am going to watch it like a hawk. I am so glad that 2" hose didn't blow off between my grandpa's place and here, I would have been stuck 25 miles from ANYTHING!! Maybe a case of the 6.0 paranoia... I think I have been on here too much.:dizzy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg