Building an intake

RBWhat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im new here. I have a 00 F350 with the 7.3L. Is there any rules on building your own air intake? I know on the 05 F150 I had it was a big no no due to factory tuning being too lean. Would rather build one than spend $200-300 on one.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
nononono... lol don't built one... go to filter1.com or I think fleetrite.com and order you a wix 6637 filter... they fit right up to the 7.3Ls and are a great filter!! I think at filter1 you can get them for like 28 bucks... i bought 3 for all the 7.3L in the family for a totall of under 85 bucks... to see some pics got to the search box up there and type in "tymar intake" and you can find some pics of what im talking about... all you need is the filter and a 4" pipe that is about 5" long.. get some good hose clamps and take the factory box and filter out and put that on in its place.... so i guess in a sense you kind of are building it :thumbs

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something I found out on my set up was the air being sucked in is hot engine air and it made my egt run higher then they should. Put a stock air system in and the egt drop 10 to 15 deg. Need to keep an eye on your egt's

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can order by using any business name and billing it to your credit card. They will not contact the business. I used a former employer(now...) to make mine. Good people, just play their game. They have to look good to the iRS.

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
You can order by using any business name and billing it to your credit card. They will not contact the business. I used a former employer(now...) to make mine. Good people, just play their game. They have to look good to the iRS.

Dave

X2.... My dad owns a farm... i just said the business was name farms and ordered 3 of them... no big deal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58