bulldog remote starter installation

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
I purchased a Bulldog #500delux remote starter. Just now in the process of starting the installation. Wondering if anyone has installed this before and have any information that would be helpful. I also purchased the wire harness for the ignition. Any help?

dpantazis

Reaction score
i have a friend who put it on his 00 X. said install was pretty painless. not much too it. he is not on the boards, but I can ask him any particular questions. PM me if you need.

I went with an Astrostart unit, so it was a little more involved.

dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have not yet installed a remote start but I do have the wiring diagram for the 02 SuperDuty.
12V|yellow & lt. grn/pur|+ (ignition harness)
STARTER|green |+ (ignition harness)
IGNITION|red/lt. green |+ (ignition harness)
SECOND IGNITION|gray/yellow |+ (ignition harness)
ACCESSORY|red/black |+ (ignition harness)
SECOND ACCESSORY|blue/lt. green |+ (ignition harness)

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
im intrested in doing this, what kits do you guys recomend.

i live just outside chicago so winter mornings are ****ing cold!

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
The delux 500 is what I bought and was reccommended for diesel. So far I have installed the fd-1 wireharness. Going to wire the door locks tomorrow and should finish the install. Bulldog tech told me it would take up to an hour just to program the remote. How fun.....

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
The installation for the starter went well. It took about 2 hours. Next one I can do in 1 hour. I have not connected the door locks yet. Will do that tonight if I can find the wire under the kickpanel.

I would reccommend this to all you guys in the cold area.

dpantazis

Reaction score
beware the door locks! my mind is fuzzy, but that is where my install gave me hickups. i ended up having to wire in a bunch of diodes to isolate the system. fords double whammy double pulse lock solenoids.

Shaggy- I am in chicago too. I went with the Astrostart unit because i wanted the alarm function too. not as cheap as the bulldog, but well worth it in my opinion.

dennis

Max Power

Reaction score
dpantazis, the astro start has built in relays, no need for diodes.

If you don't have keyless entry the door locks are reversing polarity. That means you need to cut the wire, put a relay in series and use the relay to break open the circuit and supply power to the motor side.

If you have keyless entry the door locks just require a ground pulse. You can get the door lock wires in the drivers boot or better yet right at the keyless module behind the center of the dash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58