Bully Dog 6pos?

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gettin ready to buy a Bully Dog 6pos chip from a guy, however I really wanted to buy a TS. Can you guys tell me what the difference is or if I'm gonna be disappointed with the Bully Dog?
Thanks!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the difference is or if I'm gonna be disappointed with the Bully Dog?
Thanks!

There's no difference between the two. TS supplies BD with chips and the tunes on them.

Disappointed?? Not until you try a chip from a custom tuner...I like Tony Wildman's tunes. I've run TS, DI, DP and now use Tony for my tuning needs.:sweet

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought the BD, I'm sure this is a really stupid question but the knob seems to have 11 positions instead of just 6. What's the deal?
Thanks!

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the BD and all my truck does is crank, never turns over. Assuming my contacts are clean does this mean the chip doesn't work on my truck?
Thanks!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, if the contacts are clean, then something is probably wrong with the chip or programming.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I just bought the BD, I'm sure this is a really stupid question but the knob seems to have 11 positions instead of just 6. What's the deal?
Thanks!

Under the nut that holds the switch to what you mount it to there's a washer with a tab. The tab needs to go into the slot labeled "6".

On the no start....do you get a WTS light? Did you verify with the seller what year model it was for? The chip has to be from the same PCM family or it won't start.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
mine is the same way it seems like it clicks like 12 times lol. any ideas

Like was said before. under the nut that holds the knob in the dash, there's a silver washer that has a tab on it that sticks down in the little holes around the edge of the knob in the white plastic. Take it off and put the tab in the spot that had the 6 above it and put it all back in. Forum pete, on your no start issue, if everything is clean, it is a chip problem. Does the CEL come on and stay on? What if you turn the knob to a different postion? 2 of my buddies had this problem with their TS chips.:rant Somehow, TS sent them a chip with the anti-theft and that was keepin the truck from starting. Just turn the knob to a different postion and try. If that don't work, then either the contacts aren't clean enough, or the chip is the wrong one for your truck. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg