Help Needed bully dog or edge???

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably going to buy the PMT in the next week.

Is it worth it over just a plain power pup?

or am i better off with the edge that is similar to the pmt??
:dizzy

Thanks

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are better off with a custom tuned SCT. The SCT is the best for the 6.0. PERIOD!

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now see theres alot of talk about going with the sct if you dont have your block studded...bad talk... wheres as i havent heard as much with the pmt....edge not so much talk either way...

this is harder to ponder about than a kid trying to figure out his candy choice right before the movie starts! :eek:

Thanks for the insight though!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Any tuning on a 6.0 without headstuds is risky. I don't think it matters what color tuner you choose. You want more ponies you're going to raise those cylinder pressures.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I've had bully dog, edge and now sct on my truck. edge was allright, bully dog gave best mileage but ran to high egt's and now sct. I like the custum economy and tow tunes in it.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what im trying to get mostly is better mileage with a lil added bonus of extra ponies... but want to do it the safest way obviously. i like the look of the pmt... the screen is purdy...lol

next buy will more than likely be the head stud kit...

now im going to sound like a real dumb azz... but the problem with to high of egt's?

Thanks.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just kidding!!! i just answered my question. wouldnt a cold air help get the egt's down?

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just kidding!!! i just answered my question. wouldnt a cold air help get the egt's down?

Not really. An open exhaust is a good start. Any time you use "canned" tunes, there is more potential risk because the tune is for "everybody". With custom tunes you tell the tuner what mods you have. That way if you do/don't have studs, they will write the tune for your truck. Like said above, adding power without studs is a crap shoot. Lots of guys have gone lots of miles with no problems running tunes. The SCT is the safest for your truck (and trans)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58