Bully Dog Power Pup

J-ROCK

m0deldater
Reaction score
Looking at buying one of these little suckers for my truck... anyone has any first hand knowledge of such an animal?

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
:thumbs I have one it works well. Lots more power. I also have the outlook moniter so it will defuel at preset EGT's for safety. I haven't tried any other types I was told for the Ford 7.3 it was the best. I got 300 h.p. and 609 lb/ft on the dyno out of it.:sweet

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
when it defuels, does it cut out injection completely or does it just de-rate a little? also what are they rated at for the OBS 7.3's?

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
When it defuels .It just eases back the fuel delivery to a lower H.P. setting so it feels like you are easing off the throttle. It doesn't just shut off fuel completely.:thumbs

bdrummonds

Maximum Overdrive
Reaction score
Yep, I have one too, for a short while longer. I have had my Pup since they came out in late 04, early 05. Logged 50K miles in 6 moths towing campers for FEMA after the hurricanes in 05. absolutely no problems. The only problem I have with it now is I WANT MORE POWER. I am waiting for a few more months, and then some bigger sticks, larger hairdryer, and some live tuning with Jody. Oh and there will be a trip to lead hill ark. to see Brian too.

out of the 247K miles on my truck 147K has been with the Bully Dog.
the only bad part about Bully Dog is they see the 7.3 as a dead technology and are no longer supporting upgrades for the tunes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58