Bully Dog Power Pup

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local truck aftermarket shop that I have had everything done at has quoted me at $400 for the Power Pup installed. He told me that with the Power Pup when you go back to the factory download it doesn't leave any finger prints. Any thoughts?

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
i've considered that too would be interested to hear from users who have the pup.
although installation can be done by a monkey, if they are going to charge you, just do it yourself. takes about 2 minutes with no tools

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said that they weren't charging for installation but they would do it for me anyway. They said that you have to program your transmission. I don't know.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL program your trans...LOL...

ANY tuner will leave signs it has been there... You just have to look in the right places.

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said something to that affect. They will have to go in reverse for so many feet and then something or other.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not bad, I would go with a SCT if it were me... Best Tranny controls in the bussness and everything you could want. Code reading, data logging, data streaming. If you need new tunes they can be e-mailed to you and you can load them into the tuner.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
janders said:
They said something to that affect. They will have to go in reverse for so many feet and then something or other.
the torqshift is a "learning" tranny anyway. and a good tuner/programmer will include programs to control the tranny

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was told the same thing about the superchips programmer about it not leaving any "finger prints" on the ECM. I believed this until I took the truck in to the dealership and got an unexpected call from the service manager asking if I had a chip in the truck. I was speechless to say the least. I told him that yes I did have a chip and yes I know they void the warrenty. They did the repairs under warrenty but told me not to put the chip back in If I expected any future warrenty work to be done. He told me that anytime the ECM is "altered" it leaves a mark and can be detected by any dealership scanner. He also said that an aftermarket scanner can not delete this code because of the "code" needed to do so. My advice would be to be leary of any item which says it is "totally undetectable." As it almost cost me a warrenty claim. But of course the chip went right back in as the warrenty was up two days after the claim. Good Luck!

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the power pup can be undetectable as long as they don't go ripping into the engine. As long as set it back to factory setting and drive it some the codes should be gone. I dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58