Bully dog Power Pup

98infinity

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford Power Pup 7.3L Downloader 99-03, is it "safe" to run at Extreme (95-120) all the time? or any other downloader for that matter.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Got guages?

Yes, its safe to run it on WFO all the time, remembering that its all controlled by the skinny pedal on the right.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bully dog powerhound module and a superchips downloader. My bully dog is adjustable on the fly. I have ran the bully dog module on the high setting for extended periods of time without any problems just paying attention to my egt's. I have also done the same thing with my superchips downloader with the same results. Currently I run them stacked (on the medium settings) and have had no problems but I do constantly monitor my egt's.

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With mine I have never exceeded 1050 degrees. I call that "high" but some people like to push them more than I do

Last edited:

high_tech_redneck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1250° is considered the safe limit for extended operations. Mine may have gone over that once or twice maybe sorta...... and lived to tell the tale.

I agree, don't go over 1250 for extended periods of time, i've hit 1550 on short bursts on the track, and showing off on the road, but no more than 30seconds to a minute (that is on all stock internals stock head bolts and stock turbo) also it depends on where you are mesuring your EGTS from, i have mine right off the manifold, if you mesure there, it'll be as much as 250 degrees difference at the turbo

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is not the turbo that you want to protect. It is the pistons and they are much closer to the exhaust manifold than the turbo. Think about it.

Dave

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With mine I have never exceeded 1050 degrees. I call that "high" but some people like to push them more than I do

Those HAVE got to be post turbo temps... If they are... you need to move your pyro probe!!! If you want I will post a pic of what a post turbo pyro did for me.....

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Are you saying those numbers are high or low for post turbo? Im new to this and have no idea where my pyro is plummed in. Not to hijak the thread, mine usually reads about 600 on the highway but gets up to 950

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58