Bully Dog shift kit

jckilpat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I bought the Bully Dog package for my 250 it came with a shift kit that I never installed. At the time I was towing an off-road jeep through the mountains of Colorado and Utah. Now that I'm in Florida, and it appears years away from getting my boat, I'm thinking about installing the kit. Anyone have any issues with the kit or any experiences with the kit?

Thanks

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one in the original tranny in my 02. I didn't really notice any real gains after installing it though. If your tranny is in good shape I'd say you would be better off to go with a trans-go tugger kit or an complete aftermarket valve body. Just my 2c

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok had to go and find out what they were selling. What I found was this which simply appears to be the sonnax valve upgrade that many people have done in the past. It is a good step in the right direction but very overpriced even at their sale price.

Since you already have it... it wouldn't hurt to put it in and would have even helped when you were towing but if you can I would suggest a valve body kit or a performance aftermarket valvebody, either of those two will give you a far better bang for your buck and you can cover at least part of the cost by unloading what you have on ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14