Bully Dog to flash PCM module?

F350newbie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone heard of hooking up an after market tuner(is this the right term?) to flash the Power control module on a truck?

My mechanic has offered to reset my trucks PCM for "Efficiency" instead of its current setting. I do not have a chip on the truck although the prior owner may have had one as the truck seems to rev high in the low gears before shifting...pulled a 5th wheel. My mechanic owns a F250 with a 7.3 and swears the mileage gains were noticeable after installing the bullydog.

I was considering bringing the truck into a dealer, but their rates are insane. Labour is 135$/hr except for fixed priced items like oil changes, tire changes, brakes, etc. My diesel mechanic charges me $60/hr and works on all kinds of Heavy Ford diesel trucks all the time.

Any thoughts?

I did discover the tires on my truck were way under inflated. 45 PSI when they were suppose to be 65 PSI Hopefully this will add to my mileage gains.

Thanks for all the help guys!;tu

JRJ04

Reaction score
the tires should help. as far as the chip goes, do it once and do it right. go with a custom burned chip from dp tuner or tony wildman. they can both reflash the pcm or you can hook a chip into them. they are both sponsors here so give one of them a call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14