Bullydog disappointment

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should check out our venders for this. DiscountPowerParts (above post) is a good one.

Dave

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at them Dave but it doesn't show systems for a 96 model. Only goes back to 99 models.

Still looking......

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bullydog said they are in the process of re writing the instructions and the kit was meant to keep my stock cat. Despite the distributor telling me it was a "totally bolt on cat delete kit"/ So now I'm looking at have a muffler shop fab up a cat delete pipe and install it all for another 150 bucks.

Boy I sure wish I could afford a new truck !!!!!!

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any input on deleting the cat. conv. ? Trouble getting inspection passed etc? Is it worth messing with?

Reaction score
Brad,

I can tell you that when I got my truck inspected they didn't even drive it. Not saying it was right, but they just filled out the paperwork and gave me tag. You might ask around Beamont, but I'm betting you won't have an inspection problem.:2c

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
it is not a required part of the Texas inspection (per Firestone when they did mine). Meaning, they are not required to look for one.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about any performance gains? If it's not going to give me any, then I won't mess with removing it.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Why not just shortin the system and change the exit to infront of the rear axle.Dont know if you have the ability for the pipe you have to join together without the cat delete pipe.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input ugys. Tommorrow I'm scheduled witha guy to have it all put in and have a cat delete pipe fabbed up. We'll see how it goes !

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with a lot of hammer and a little welding, I got my exhaust on today. Sounds really smooth. Nice little rumble when you get on it but not too obnoxious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14