Bump in reverse...?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put my truck in reverse, I roll about 5' and feel a bump...kinda like I just bumped into a car. It happened this morning at the gas station when backing out of the parking spot ( scared me :eek: ). The only thing I have done to it since yesterday was mount the pyro and trans. temp. sender. None of the gauges are up yet. I just have the wires running into the cab. Any idea to what this bump is?? Seems like I'm having a good run with "bumps" if ya know what I mean. Oh..I also have a rear axle seal leak, so my differential fluid is probably low. I know that could be the cause, but any OTHER ideas.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
betcha that axle seal leak has got something in the rear brakes FUBAR'd..

e-brake shoes most likely...

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH CRAP!!! That reminds me. My ebrake light doesnt work!!!! Yesterday me and my dad was putting in the temp. probes and he had me to engage the ebrake. I never do remember to dis-engage the ebrake since the light doesn't come on. Bet if I release it it wont do that anymore. My ebrake has no hold to it when its engaged and the light doesnt come on. Soooo....what could be wrong with that?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but if theres an axel leak, then the ebrake shoes are ruined. They are not that expensive if you do it yourself. The seals not that much either.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but if theres an axel leak, then the ebrake shoes are ruined. They are not that expensive if you do it yourself. The seals not that much either.

How does that ruin the ebrake shoes. I've bought 1 of 2 possible axle seals with every intention to replace it. The service shop down the road is wanting $200 for them to do it ( :watchout .....I dont think so scooter).

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the e brake is a drum type brake set up. The gear oil from the leak soaks them. I trie cleaning and sanding. No good. The shoes for my dually were like 25 bucks. As you arer driving the oil flies around on the inside of the drum(externally its the disc)

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be that brake pads have worn out and come loose from the backing plate. Just pull the wheel off and check out the brakes. Ask me how I know...the pad itself was sitting between the rotor and dust shield thing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58