Bushing suggestions?

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My track bar bushings are in need of replacement. My first thought was to order some poly ones off the internet, but I've heard that they do not last very long. Any recommendations?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out energysuspension.com. They came out with a new line of suspension bushing that are suppose to be top of the line. I'll be ordering my set hopefully in the next month.

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out energysuspension.com. They came out with a new line of suspension bushing that are suppose to be top of the line. I'll be ordering my set hopefully in the next month.

X2. :sweet I'm planning on installing the master kit in my truck in the spring. A few guys here have already used these kits. Maybe some of those guys will fill you in on how it's working for them.:dunno

Summit racing has the master bushing kits for $199.99. The master kit does sway bars, track bar, and front and rear springs. Individual kits are also available.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My track bar bushings are in need of replacement. My first thought was to order some poly ones off the internet, but I've heard that they do not last very long. Any recommendations?

What are you driving.........???

Tbar

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An '01 four wheel drive F250. Sorry for that, I thought I had that information in my signature. I should have it fixed now.

My complete Energy Suspension set should arrive tomorrow and I hope to install it this Saturday. I'll post a review for you guys. Hopefully it quiets my "speed bump squeaks."

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The complete kit arrived today. Impressive service by Street Side Auto. 194.95 with free shipping that got them to my door 48 hours after I ordered them! Anyone else looking at these kits would do well to order from these guys.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'm interested in doing this myself and always interested in hearing from people that have already done it.

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back from the body shop today. It sure feels good to finally get all the little dents and dings fixed that I had just been living with for the past few months!

Since recently I have moved from base to base to apartment, I currently have very few tools with me and no space to do work on a vehicle. Therefore, I had to use the local base's auto hobby shop. Not too bad a deal really, as these shops are usually fully loaded with tools and in my case, an exhaustive DVD library of comprehensive service manuals. Still, my progress was hampered by the unfamiliar work space. Truth be told, I haven't done any serious wrenching in a couple years and I'm not as familiar with the underside of my Super Duty as I would like to be; a testimony both of my busyness and the truck's reliable performance:sweet

With all that said, it took me four hours to change the track bar bushings. I only needed the following tools:
  • Impact Wrench
  • 30mm Socket
  • 24mm Wrench
  • Pliers
  • Crowbar
  • Shop Press
  • Various Sockets for Pressing
And did it in the following fashion:
  1. Using pliers and 24mm wrench, remove drag link from tie rod.
  2. Using impact wrench and 30mm socket, remove upper and lower track bar bolts.
  3. Using crowbar, remove track bar from vehicle.
  4. Using various sockets in conjunction with the shop press, press old bushings out of the track bar and clean the ends of the bar.
  5. Using the provided grease, apply an even 'smear' on inside of track bar ends and outside of bushings.
  6. Carefully press new bushings into track bar by resting the bar on a flat surface and placing flat material between the bushing and the press. This is done to provide even pressure on the relatively soft bushing.
  7. Using the provided grease on the inside of the new bushing and the outside of the new sleeves, press in the new sleeves.
  8. Using crowbar for leverage, reinstall track bar (the manual specified 369 lbft/500 Nm).
  9. Reinstall drag link (the manual specified something between 65 and 70 lbft, I think it was 66).

The truck no longer clunks when turning because the original problem is fixed. The truck also squeaks less when going over speed bumps. I suspect it will be silent again once I have replaced all the others.

Once all the bushings are in and I order and install Bilstein 5100s I'll have to take her out to a skid pad :watchout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl