Question BUY BACK QUESTION

FXSUPERJ57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me. I purchased a fx 250 superduty about 8 months ago. Since then the truck has been in the shop now for a total of 40 days. 22 days for first repair of diesel leaking into the oil 5qts over full. second repair was for a bad turbo that has been in the shop now for two weeks. Both repairs required the cab to be completely removed to do the repairs. My service manager says that ford should buy the vehicle back period it qualifies. My ford customer relations lady says that she believes ford should replace the truck with a new superduty. I recieved a call today from her and she said she requested that ford do a buy back and put me in a new truck but she was turned down buy her boss? I asked what reason he gave for not replacing the truck which only has 8732 miles on it and she said he did not give her a reason. I asked her did it qualifiy for a buy back she said yes it does qualify with ease. I then asked her could I contact Randy her boss. She said she could not give out his number but she could see if he would be willing to speak with me or at least explaine why ford will not replace the vehicle. I said well can you a least give me his last name and again she said she was not able to give that info out. My question is have any of you guys ever run across this or do you know how to contact the so called ford district man? PS the service manager told me he would no longer trust any engine that had 5qts of diesel run for a couple thousand mile in it. thanks for any and all help.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try contacting FoMoCo and talk to someone there. My neighbor had an engine problem with a GM product the dealer didn't want to replace it but he contacted Gm and they put some pressure on the dealer and they replaced it.

Stan MI

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FX

Sorry to here about your problem !!

You might also try another dealer. I had a problem with an 04 van and the service manager told me Ford would do nothing. Went through all the hassle of contacting the area rep and a lot of other BS. Took it to another dealer, problem was fixed same day. Mine was a wheel bearing issue not engine but still a totally different reaction from a different dealer.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you got a good case for a buy back.

Ford actually calls it an RAV, short for ReAquired Vehicle.

My transport company happens to handle the state of MS on the buy backs.

If it does get bought back, good chance I will be the one who hauls it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you contact FoMoCo ask them for the dealer survey. This survey it taken for the dealers, it tells FoMoCo how the dealer is doing. In ford they call it a CSI form. This form tells FoMoCo how many trucks and cars the dealer will get for the year. If they have bad CSI # then the dealer can loose the stock and or be closed by ford.

The dealer I got my truck from changed me on some repairs and would not do them and I told the dealer manager I will go after there CSI # and I did and 2 weeks later the dealer had a new manager, and ford had me take it to another dealer for repairs that were covered by the warranty.

Give FoMoCo the guys full name that turned down buy back and have the service manager put it in writing.

Last edited:

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, get my wife to write a letter to everyone in the country, it worked for a 1999 Mazda for us. It had 1800 miles, yes 1800 and the tranny fell out of the thing. She wrote to the BBB, Mazda USA, ALOT of other people I can't even remember and did a little investigation and even got the owner of Mazda's HOME address, he happened to live just a few miles from us and sent a CERTIFIED letter to his HOME. Whew! in about 3 days from sending the letters we got a phone call to come pick out a new car, 2000 with out even batting a eye, they even said PLEASE, the point is DON'T stop with one person, keep going to the top. Get the DISTRICT Managers name and address, hopefully phone number, Some person there won't like the person you are dealing with and will give the number to save their rear and stab some other employee with this problem. Keep trying and it WILL happen. Good luck and I will see if she can find the letter if you would like. I could scan and e-mail it if she could find it..........:dh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58