Buy it or not?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around for a new work truck and found this one through a friend but I'm not sure if it worth it or not. What do you think?

2000 F250XL, 7.3L Powerstroke, extended cab, long box, 4X4, 6 speed, power nothing with basic cloth seats, but does have working A/C, 300,000km (180,000 miles), just had a new clutch, it could use a repaint on the lower half of the body since the paint is peeling and starting to rust, runs excellent, needs ball joints, 1 tie rod end, front brakes, and tires (which I already have) for cert. He's asking $5500 as is ($5200 US)

Sorry didn't have time to get any pics.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
It books for a little over $10K USD so you have to ask yourself, do you want a project truck?

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figure another $3000 to get it pristine, if you need to get it that far, and see if it is worth $8200 to you. I would be sorely tempted for that price.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I do buy it I intend to make it pretty again using alot of spare parts that I have lying around from my current truck. First on the list would be the mechanical and complete body job followed buy a 6" lift rolling on 35's. (which I already have) I figure that I could get the guy down to $5000 and I will have to put another $2500 into it to get it the way I want. That would be doing all the work myself.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Take a long look at the oil pan on this vehicle and see if its ready to rot thru. Thats an expensive fix if its starting to seep. I know this sounds nuts, but trust me. A friend just went thru this. If you can pull motor and do yourself [in the event its rusting thru] its not so bad. If not, its a big bill. Just my .02

atk

Reaction score
if you have all what is needed to make it look good again and the time, go for it....don`t forget to figure in, what you are going to pay yourself for doing the work....:roflmao ....i know, doesn`t woork that way....:D ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58