Help Needed Buying Advice

stclairdean

StClairDean
Reaction score
Greetings All

I am currently looking at buying a 2006 6.0 King Ranch and am looking for a bit of advice.

One thing that concerns me is the short market life of the 6.0. Ford doesn't seem to have sold them for too long and I am worried that there may be serious issues with them.

Strengths. Weaknesses. The good, bad and the ugly. Would you buy another one?

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I couldn't seem to find the info I was looking for.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they did have a four year market life with ford. they have had a bit of a longer life with international. There are varying reports on strengths and weaknesses of this engine. If you do a search I am pretty certain that you will find many that think the 6.0 is absolutely horrendous. i have had two in trucks that have a harder life in commercial applications with absolutely negligible problems. I did have an hpop problem that was handled under warranty and had my batteries replaced at 35k, under warranty. just like anything else, you can get a good one or a bad one. For what it is worth, 06-07's seem to be the best years.

atk

Reaction score
get an OASIS report from a FORD dealership....you will need the vin#
this will tell what warranty work has been done, which in, it will tell you if this truck has been a lemon...like previously stated, 06 and 07 have had the fewest problems....

stclairdean

StClairDean
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback so far. I will try to get the VIN # today and then see if i can get a Ford dealer to help me out with the specifics on this truck.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
The 6.0 is, plain and simple, an excellent engine. There are no cronic issues with it. Period. I have 75k-mi on mine, and no issues to speak of.

That isn't to say that it never had a design flaw, or that it never had a recall. Name a vehicle that hasn't!

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres good ones and bad ones just like any other brand. Its all in the year. 06-07 were quite well. They just rushed the engine into production to compete with the duramax and common rail cummins. Therefore they just didnt test it enough. I woud buy another one personally.

stclairdean

StClairDean
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. After further research, I have decided to let this used 2006 truck go to someone else. The main reason is it is significantly overpriced. After looking into purchasing a brand new truck for not too much more $$, I have decided that this is a prefered solution. Thanks again and keep on truckin'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58