Buzz and contribution tests

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
havent done a SD yet.i figured since i have a shop and am into doing the PSD performance thing,my truck and me have a slight reputation around town that id be gettin some PSD work.but as usual that didnt work out so once my car is done i think im gonna give up on the shop and bussiness.everybody around here would rather waste thier money on banks bolt on and run junk.

but on the OBS you can hear and see the engine doing its thing during the CCT

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run the CCT on my superduty, and yes, the idle starts jumping around all over. Its kinda cool.

The IAH code can be gotten rid of with a simple resistor if I remember right. Wouldnt suprise me if the test wont complete if some codes are present.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Daryl, I built the resistor 412K I think for the AIH and mine still throws a code, so I either don't have the right resistor, or it doesn't work. Bryan

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EASE software (Ford Enhanced) will run both tests. Run the CCT a number of times (as was mentioned with the engine warmed up) since many times the test will indicate different cylinders as not contributing. If the same one comes up a number of times, then start looking there. Cheers!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I have run the CCT on my superduty, and yes, the idle starts jumping around all over. Its kinda cool.

The IAH code can be gotten rid of with a simple resistor if I remember right. Wouldnt suprise me if the test wont complete if some codes are present.

"Note: on 94-97 Powerstroke Trucks, you may be able to audibly hear the test turning cylinders on and off (trucks with newer calibrations should complete 3 test cycles). The test will be terminated early if a cylinder is found to be very bad. Once that cylinder is repaired, the CCT will need to be run again to check the rest of the cylinders. You will not hear this on the 99-03 Powerstroke Trucks as the test is performed differently. There is also a potential problem with the CCT if it detects an issue with either the #6 or #8 cylinder. Due to the fact that cylinders #6 and #8 fire in sequence and are physically adjacent to each other in the engine, it is not uncommon for a CCT to mis-report a problem with one cylinder that actually exists in the other."

Stole that from Dennis at ITP. More info HERE about the tests. From what I read there, I don't think all my injectors are buzzing right.

I guess I'll run a CC test this afternoon and see if my tach jumps around. If it doesn't maybe I'll pull the IAH out and reinstall for the test.

-popcorn

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Just had a buzz & contribution test with a Solus SnapOn scanner.

buzz test - pass
contribution test - pass
KOEO - pass
KOER - pass

As Daryl noted is pretty cool seeing the truck "have a panic attack" as it went through the injectors during the test. The truck shook and the tach jumped.

Tests were done at 400 ft above sea level the baro reading was 30 inches and the other baro reading was 124hz. Do these seem correct?

One code was noted: P0603 KAM test (Open PCM pin, disconnected B+, faulty PCM). When I had my PCM reflashed by Ford from NAW6 to TDE1 they scanned and found no codes. Is something fishy here? :dunno

I'm on the verge of ordering a 3 pos chip and want to confirm a clean bill of health before I proceed.

Need advice...:thanks

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0603 is common if you have a tuner loaded, or have disconnected the batteries recently. Its the "Hey, I lost power" code. Very normal. Takes a few complete driving cycles to make it clear on its own.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
That make sense. Gauges were installed yesterday and both negative terminals were off for a few hours. My chip has just been ordered.

:thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14