Buzz and contribution tests

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Any other "off the shelf" type of scan equip that will perform these tests?

not that i knowof as the cheapys from walmart and parts stores wont do the PSDs you need a PSD capable scanner.not tobrag buti have a4800 dollar snap-on solus scanner.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
my AutoEnginuity scanner will do those tests.

Takes about 15 mins to boot the computer, hook it to the truck, launch the software, scan the sensors, then run the tests.

So let me get this straight...24 hour round trip to Seattle or a very long road trip to Massachusetts for a 15 minute test. :D

Thanks Daryl & Rich :sweet

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
you can take the trip to me if you like ill do these tests for SDD members for free :D :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
not that i knowof as the cheapys from walmart and parts stores wont do the PSDs you need a PSD capable scanner.not tobrag buti have a4800 dollar snap-on solus scanner.
Yeah, theres gotta be more than just Snap-On and AE. The AE is fairly affordable but unless you make your living (I know you do) off of this stuff, the Snap-On is out of the question.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ya the snap-on is expensive and is way too "powerfull"for the home mechanic,there is another scanner software for a laptop but i dont remember the name or where to get it.i remember it from the TDS days so maybe do a search over there (if you can get the search to work :rolleyes: ) for it.:confused:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I tried to get this info about a month ago.

So if they don't buzz the same it's possible problems. IIRC some of mine weren't as loud.

On the CC test I never get a pass, I get the IAH code. I remember something being posted over there about that code not letting contribution tests finish. Is that true?:confused: Oh wait you early guys don't have an intake air heater. :(

I think EASE diagnostics runs these tests.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
just because a few may sound different doesnt mean you have a bad injector/sthe scanner will tell you if you have a bad one.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Thanks Rich!

Have you run the CC test on a SD? Mine doesn't change RPM. On ITP's AE tips page, it says that you can't tell the CC tests are being done but you can on the early OBS trucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14