ByPass Oil Filter

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
I'm close to installing a bypass oil filter. I like theFS2500 that's touted in all of the magazines. That seems tailored towards big rig guys, which means it's likely a good product. I also know that Amsoil puts out such a thing. Does anyone have experience with these? Which would you recommend or it the whole topic just spitting into the wind? My 2006 is still under warranty and I don't want to void it either.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I did a lot of reading about this type of filter system and came to the conclusion the FS2500 is over-priced. When I do it I plan to go oilguard. This is just based on my own reading (and a secret contact with testers of the FS2500).

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AMSOIL BYPASS Filter system on my "X" for over 165K miles. During the first 100K I changed the full flow every 10K and BY PASS ever 50K. Now during the second 100K full flow every 10K and By Pass every 20K.

I have been very happy.

Ken

6L PWR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've run the FS2500 since new. I had no problems installing and really liked the Stainless line upgrade. It's an extremely heavy unit which translates into superior quality in my opinion. I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the standard filtration, our diesel engines are good for over 300,000 miles.
My opinion is that an added filtration system just increases the chances of leaks, broken lines, etc. that could cause harm to the engine.
Just my two cents worth...

:dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Maxtor said:
With the standard filtration, our diesel engines are good for over 300,000 miles.
My opinion is that an added filtration system just increases the chances of leaks, broken lines, etc. that could cause harm to the engine.
Just my two cents worth...

:dunno
The 6.0, like all modern International diesels, has sensors for low volume as well as low pressure, in the event of catastrophic oil loss. It will shut down, usually at the least opportune moment.

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Thanks Much

Thanks for all the replies. I am leaning towards the FS2500 myself. The major dislike that I had was the rubber hoses, which I would have replaced with SS braided units anyway. I also wanted to know if anyone had one installed and had any issues with it. I have a buddy who is driving a commercial truck with one and he loves it. On the powerstroke, I just didn't like the horizontal mounting that they suggest. It would seem that a vertical mounting would be preferable.

Thanks again

Richard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14