Question Cab height for removal

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high does the cab need to go in order to clear everything for removal. Looking for a distance in feet, if somebody has measured it before. Reason I ask is that I want to pull the cab to do some engine repairs and do not have access to a hydraulic lift. So I will have to build a crane system to lift the cab off; or maybe just some good stands to set the cab on. Also, anybody have a guess as to how much the cab weighs? I need to take that into consideration for design of crane. I intend to use a set of 1.5ton chainfalls, so I might just make hte crane match the 'falls.

Thanks for any help/tips/suggestions ya'll can give me.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 foot will let you work good, 6 foot is better wont bang your head as much. Another way is get about 4 to 6 big guys and lift the cab off by hand and set it in front of the truck on jack stands untill you get done with the work then have them come back over for beer time and put it back on....

Looking at using chainfall you need two of them make it EZer on you, One in front and one in back of the cab if you have a king or crew cab.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14