Help Needed Cab leak

ACF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 F250 after the recent hurricane wind n rain here at the Jersey shore I developed a leak threw my stock sunglass holder I have no sunroof or anything aftermarket just the stock visor and lighting everything seems tight as far as the naked eye can see just wondering if anyone has seen this or heard of anyone else on hear comment on it would like to trace it before the snow starts up and i lose my headliner. Thanks for any and all help..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 F250 after the recent hurricane wind n rain here at the Jersey shore I developed a leak threw my stock sunglass holder I have no sunroof or anything aftermarket just the stock visor and lighting everything seems tight as far as the naked eye can see just wondering if anyone has seen this or heard of anyone else on hear comment on it would like to trace it before the snow starts up and i lose my headliner. Thanks for any and all help..

Sounds goofy but.. with the truck Nose high.. remove the 3rd Brake Light fixture and check for water. If there is water.. get all of it out and let the void area between the cab roof & headliner dry out REAL good*. (or yul get a musty smell)

What and How this happens ?

There's a channel/lip that runs 360* around the inside edge of the cab roof.. the 3rd brake-light seals are known to dry out and/or.. just leak. When water gets in.. (in your case.. Hurricane driven rain) because these truck set Nose Low.. the water runs around the edge.. to the front.. leaks down through the body seams and trim mounting screws... onto the headliner or overhead trim stuff (sunglasses holder)

The fix is: A new 3rd brake-light gasket.. with a bede of RTV on both sides.. screwed down Snug.. but Not Tight... then tightened a 1/2 turn, in a day or two.

Don't ask me how I learned this.. on my 91 IDI. ;):sly:D

:dunno

Joe

A Hair Dryer.. for an hour or so, helps.. Or a Sunny day.

Last edited:

ACF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will take a look I have a cap on the truck so it will be a chore but the truck is parked on a heavily sloped driveway which only furthers the raked affect leading me to believe that is the cause I will take a look and post back.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu

It'll be interesting to hear what you find.

On my 91.. when I removed the 3rd light fixture.. the gasket Crumbled when I removed it. I Fab'd a new one out of some 3/16ths Rubber, gasket material. :dunno

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
If you have clearance lights check them thoroughly. They have a tendency to leak and dribble water on the interior.:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14