Cab lights install

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to have hail dents worked on in a couple of weeks and I thought while the headliner was out I may go ahead and install cab lights, I had them on my 3 previous superdutys and was wondering if the wireing was already under the headliner and if guide holes are marked there also. If not is there a kit with a template and where would you find it at. Mine is a 05 F250 crew cab.
Thanks for all the great info on this site

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No you have to buy the wiring for the lights. Not expensive at all.. It goes down the passengers post and connect to a plug in the foot-well kick panel. Easy. If you have Ford lights it is plug and play. As far as the placement of the lights, there are clips under each light on the front panel under the headliner. This is what I used for the spacing and I started in the middle and worked out from there.

Dave :)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find all kinds of Cab Lights on ebay, some are good price and some are not.
Good Luck
Doug

PS. Please don't put Chev or Dodge lights on a Ford.

Last edited:

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the lights on ford powerstroke .com but cant find the harness lights are $15 ea, that doesnt sound bad. I guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow and check on the harness
And no I would never put a chevy or dodge part on my truck

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same to my truck... I really miss my cab lights, just really nearvous about cutting up my roof.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I used masking tape to draw my light locations. After I was satisfied that the layout looked good, out came the drill. It is a bit un-nerving drilling the first hole... Check your layout and you should be fine. :)

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ebay is your friend. I've seen aftermarket and original Ford. Ford will be plug and play. I bought my cab lights from recon. They are LED smoked. Look awesome with my white truck. They had clear and amber lenses as well. So far I havnt had any probs with mine. They didnt come with a template. I just found the measurements online and kept checkin my measurements over and over and over before the first hole was drilled. Turned out great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim