cab roof visor

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey do any of you guys or gals have one of these on your trucks? I've always liked the looks of these, but I was concerned with loosing some MPG or ungodly noise in the cab from them... I'm thinking about a lund. Any comments?

Thanks!

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had lund visors on a couple of bronco I had no extra noise but I cant bring myself to drill into the roof of my 350.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the factory visor on my 2000 Lariat LE. I really liked the way it looked.

There is a little bit of difference in the wind noise between my '06 and the former LE but not bad, not enough to stop me from owning one again.

The only thing I didn't like about it was... whenever you passed a semi going the opposite direction on a 2 lane, and especially if there was a cross wind coming from his side, I thought the visor was gonna get ripped off. It traps a lot of air.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
If you have cab lights it looks great and no additional noise from my experience. If you don't have the lights you can get the visor with the lights in the leading edge. FWIW it wasn't at all difficult to install, measure twice drill once. I've had mine for about 3 years and no problems. You can order color matched if you don't want to deal with a body shop painting it. Remember to use some clear silicone in the screw holes and a little dab where the visor meets the truck at the screw holes.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
my personal opinion, i HATE the way visors look if the truck has cab lights. looks great if the roof is nekked though. to each his own...

my friend had a chevy with a vizor and he couldnt keep the screws tight, he broke 2 visors due to screws falling out and one end ripping up on the highway. i dont know as its a common problem, just throwing it out there.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I don't know how the heck I missed this.. I was looking for it for abotu 10 minutes...

So no noticeable MPG drop then?

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I've got visors on all my large trucks. Mostly because the windshield is straight down and the sun comes right in. They look great, no problems with any falling off. These trucks could never build up enough speed to hear the effects of wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok