Cab Sqeak in right rear

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals need your help I have had a squeek and rattle noise coming from the right rear of my crew cab everytime I hit a bump or grove in the road. I think it has been talked about before like it is a body mount that rubs on the cab or a bolt unk.... I'm tired of hearing this thing rattle it's been this way since I bought the truck just wondering if you might of heard about this. If so what mod needs to be done to resolve this issue.
:dunno :confused:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
OEM rubber cab mounts do deteriorate over time. Mine did. I upgraded to Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings. Problem solved, but the install was a royal PITA.

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something in the same area of my 99 extra cab squeeks and rattles everytime i turn left.....very annoying.....i will be checking the cab mounting point

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i HATE this stuff...my wifes skooby-ru legacy has been
rattling...i was all over the dash, blamed EVERYONE for dropping
coins down the dash etc...

ive been chasing this for WEEKS...come to find out my oldest
(should have rubbed my face in it...i deserved it) said DAD its
the garage door opener i hear it...

ill be DAMM ! talk about eating some SERIOUS crow..times 4...
ok dads make mistakes too.

i installed new g-door openers and the remote in my wifes
car has a rattle-ly button that buzzes something awful !

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
During the summer mine started squeaking. It ended up being the door seal. I sprayed it with Teflon spray and it stopped.
Ever since my truck was new, during the winter time, the back of my cab would make a popping noise. Ford has a service bulletin out on the cab mounts from 2001 but I don't know about the other year models. The service bulletin just had them change the rubber mounts and sleeves I believe. I never went and had mine fixed and after about 4 years it quit doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58