Cable TV

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got rid of Direct TV and went cable. Couldn't convince my neighbor to trim his trees so I could watch the tube. Oh well. The cable came in about 3 months back and no channels was a great excuse to get it installed. Plus I got the "turn in your dish" deal so it's like half price for the digital package for the next year w/HBO. But the best thing is...

CABLE INTERNET :sweet .

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High speed internet is great either Cable or one of the higher speed DSL lines make the world of difference

Now you're in a quandry to watch the new shows on TV or to play on the internet with your new super fast connection.

The answer is to get a wireless router & laptop so you can surf the net during the commercials :) it's a win win you get to play and your wife/gf won't complain about you channel surfing :D

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I just signed up for cable broudband at home too, so after the 5th of July I will be able to surf at home too. FAST. I hated dial up.
:cowboy:

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, broadband is sweet, its nice to click on something and be there almost instantly!

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BJS said:
High speed internet is great either Cable or one of the higher speed DSL lines make the world of difference

Now you're in a quandry to watch the new shows on TV or to play on the internet with your new super fast connection.

The answer is to get a wireless router & laptop so you can surf the net during the commercials :) it's a win win you get to play and your wife/gf won't complain about you channel surfing :D

:thumbs

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Rookie said:
Well got rid of Direct TV and went cable. Couldn't convince my neighbor to trim his trees so I could watch the tube. Oh well. The cable came in about 3 months back and no channels was a great excuse to get it installed. Plus I got the "turn in your dish" deal so it's like half price for the digital package for the next year w/HBO. But the best thing is...

CABLE INTERNET :sweet .

broadband is cool :cool: but verizon just layed fiber in my neck of the woods, fiber all the way to my house. I have a 5.28 MBps (download) 2.8MBps upload connection for $29 a month, they tied my phones to it too, now they're crystal clear, and cable tv is supposed to be on it in the next year. Everything is supposed to be on one bill under $100 :sweet If you don't know what 5.28 MBps means.... T1 at most companies offices is only 1.6 MBps :sweet It's almost as fast as my truck :cool:

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Yeah Verizon Fios is AWESOME :sweet !! I went from dial-up to 5Mbps. WOW! I'm spoiled now. And Wylie,Texas was one of the first areas of the country to get it :roflmao . That was odd I thought.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
broadband is cool :cool: but verizon just layed fiber in my neck of the woods, fiber all the way to my house. I have a 5.28 MBps (download) 2.8MBps upload connection for $29 a month, they tied my phones to it too, now they're crystal clear, and cable tv is supposed to be on it in the next year. Everything is supposed to be on one bill under $100 :sweet If you don't know what 5.28 MBps means.... T1 at most companies offices is only 1.6 MBps :sweet It's almost as fast as my truck :cool:

:thumbs Sounds sweet, but I only have one choice, I am out in the country and very thankful that I can even get the cable internet, from an off the wall provider. Maybe someday a company like Verison will make it out this far. But until then I hope I will be pleased with this cable, I better it took me 8 months to convince my wife we needed faster speed and it cost more $$$ to get it. :cowboy:

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in Dish network & dial up today for cable & cable internet and am trying to figgure out how to switch e-mail from earthlink to mozilla Thunderbird doing away with IE completely :thumbs

Stupid cable company would not touch anything other than IE, so it's taken a while but me thinks it's working now. Just need to figgure out how to import the e-mail addresses & we should be good to go :p

Now if I could just verify the e-mail address over on OB :confused: :confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thunderbird should import your settings, but you should write down your details such as your server settings and the like. Good Luck on your move!! :thumbs

Dave :cowboy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14