"California Hop"

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
I was on the freeway and once i reach a stretch of highway that is concrete my truck starts to hop..BTW I have a 07' f350 dually. I call ford but they said that the truck does it because of the wieght in the back, but it dosent seem like the trucj hop in the rear but only in the front. Who has had this happen to them? Wut the darn solution? I was thinking of removing the coils and replacing them with airbags.:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tsb 07-5-11 Vibration/hop At 40-48 Mph - (8.0 Hz) - Trailer Hitch Equipped Vehicles Only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORD:
2005-2007 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:

Some 2005-2007 F-Super Duty vehicles with a long wheelbase of 156", 158", or 172" (396, 401, or 437 cm) and equipped with a trailer hitch may exhibit a vehicle vertical vibration, often described as "hopping", on smooth or coarse road surfaces in the 42-48 MPH (68-77 Km/h) speed range. Although this behavior is considered normal for an over 8500 GVW truck, some customers may be sensitive to the concern.
ACTION:

To improve the 42-48 MPH (68-77 Km/h) vertical vibration, follow the instruction sheet included in the Damper Service Kit.

NOTE: THE INSTALLATION OF THIS DAMPER WILL NOT IMPROVE RIDE ON SEGMENTED CONCRETE HIGHWAYS, STEERING WHEEL VIBRATION/SHIMMY, OR GENERAL HARSH RIDE CONCERNS.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
5C3Z-5D008-A Damper Service Kit

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
070511A 2005-2007 F-Super Duty With Trailer Hitch: Install The Damper Service Kit. 0.6 Hr.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
5D008 42

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thanks bush
i couldnt get it retrieved

but anywho
it did make a difference for us UNLOADED and running 55 psi in each rear wheel ( always run the correct psi as your load requires)

pretty much smoothes out the bouncy bouncy bounce
to a tolerable level

I.E. passenger seat back no longer jumps around :sweet

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
My Ex. did that a little bit until I got rid of the stock shocks and put on some Bilsteins. But my Dads Dually w/stock shocks really hops around on concrete.

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
My Ex. did that a little bit until I got rid of the stock shocks and put on some Bilsteins. But my Dads Dually w/stock shocks really hops around on concrete.

my dually has the fx4 package with thge rancho shocks as well as the tow boss:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58