california SMOG testing......

jwbdually

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nevada is one of the handful of states that raised the minimum GVWR for smog exemption from 10,000 to 14,000 lbs. Ours went into effect 1 July 2009, more states to follow I'm sure. :dizzy

Fine69

Reaction score
In Pennsylvania all Diesel's are currently exempt. Hopefully they don't get any bright ideas from the Communists in California!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
In Pennsylvania all Diesel's are currently exempt. Hopefully they don't get any bright ideas from the Communists in California!

They're eco-freaks not communists. The blame goes to CARB (Calf Air Resources Board) the ones who killed the electric car as well. :rant

But being exempt from smog testing is awesome. When its renewal time I pay DMV with a credit card on-line then my new sticker is in the mail immediately. ;tu

Fine69

Reaction score
They're eco-freaks not communists. The blame goes to CARB (Calf Air Resources Board) the ones who killed the electric car as well. :rant

But being exempt from smog testing is awesome. When its renewal time I pay DMV with a credit card on-line then my new sticker is in the mail immediately. ;tu

Close enuff....

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Florida is talking about testing again, but so far nothing. There looking at the caly test for here. Just redid my tag for 2 years now.

paulpe99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Calif smog is here now!

I just got my dmv renewal with the requirement of getting it smogged! so believe it. if you VIN ends with an even number, you get to smog it in 2010. odd VINs do it in 2011.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I recently received my DMV registration report and it required proof of any Superduty recall and/or updates from FORD, and smog cert.

Here is the funny thing. I went to seven smog shops and six of them refused to smog my truck. The last one said he did not want to but would conduct it.

He opened the hood and looked in the engine bay (vaguely - like he know not of what he was looking at), closed the hood; Looked to see if the CEL worked and started the engine, revved the engine and said "ok it passed" and turned off the engine.

"that will be $59.95 please"

What a joke. or should I say rip-off.

I hope that someone files some kind of suit [grandfather clause] against this as it is just another way for California to collect revenue. I can see someone getting a 'fix it ticket' if their billowing out heavy black smoke, but this is just not right.

P.S. my truck is totally stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14