Callin all Elk

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy was Elk hunting, on top of a mountain he tried his Elk call (bugle).
An immediate answer from the valley.
"Damn, that guy needs practice!" he thinks.
A few more calls, frantic answers, coming up the mountain.
He gets the guy fairly close, then bails off the mountain, back to camp.
I would have loved to have been there.
Hard to run tho, when you are bent over laughing.

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
kenh said:
Hard to run tho, when you are bent over laughing.

Maybe if the other guy started shooting at him it would have been easier to run -popcorn :guns: :guns:

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, gunfire is always a motivator.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
Scary really, had that happen turkey hunting...Gets your attention quick!!

"There is nothing in life more exhilarating than having been shot at without result" - Winston Churchill.

I beg to differ, Winston. The real adrenaline gets flowing when it happens enough that you get down and prepare to return fire. I had a guy, despite my shouting as loud as I could, persist in shooting across a canyon (it had to be 1,000 yards or more) at a deer a couple hundred feet above me. He was shooting low, and altogether too close for comfort. I can't believe he was trying to make that shot. It was impossible. I have never in my time seen a guy try to make a shot like that. What is more, here in Washington, a buck has to be 3-point or bigger (on one side, out here in the west). There is simply NO way he could have counted points at that distance. After he emptied one mag and reloaded and started over again, I got my rifle out and started calculating the fall of a .30-06 at 1,000 yards. Figured I'd put one near him and wake him up. But discretion won out, and I didn't even shut off the safety. I just laid low until he ran out of bullets, and resolved to kick the crap out of him if we met at the bottom of the canyon.

Anyway, speaking of elk, I just dropped my first one last week, after 8 years of trying. THe law of averages said I eventually HAD to get dumb lucky enough to stumble on to one. :thumbs

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Elk.
Lots of people should not be allowed in the woods, with or without guns.
I quit hunting in Ca. because of those types.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
I agree, idiots everywhere....Congrats on the elk bud!!

I agree there are idiots everywhere, but we seem to have many more than our share. I can see staying out of the hunting areas during hunting season. It is safer.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14