calling any/all

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
short story for everyone concerned::lmao this is the little suspect....

i have a 3 level split home, so we have a few electical items running...2 fridges, furnace fan at all times, normal lites, had xmas lites on, computer is left on at all times...gas furnace, gas dryer.

our typical bill should have been around $150-160 (which would be par for what we have spent the last 3 years). the bill we just got was north of $300. according to electric company, my meter is the kind which automatically sends them readings and in october it stopped - so an 'estimated reading' was done since then and on Jan. 21 they sent out someone to physically read it. over a 4 day period my kw/h reading was ~1100, and over a 24 hr. period it was 158. at that rate my monthly readout would be ~4600 and well over $500:eek::eek:

something is obviously wrong - and i have no clue. electric co. is sending out someone to do a meter test w/in the next month. however they will not call me ahead of time nor will they give me an exact day.....:rant they want it to go thru a full billing cycle first...

sorry, that seems to be the long version...:lmao
tia to the guys who responded to me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
short story for everyone concerned::lmao this is the little suspect....

i have a 3 level split home, so we have a few electical items running...2 fridges, furnace fan at all times, normal lites, had xmas lites on, computer is left on at all times...gas furnace, gas dryer.

our typical bill should have been around $150-160 (which would be par for what we have spent the last 3 years). the bill we just got was north of $300. according to electric company, my meter is the kind which automatically sends them readings and in october it stopped - so an 'estimated reading' was done since then and on Jan. 21 they sent out someone to physically read it. over a 4 day period my kw/h reading was ~1100, and over a 24 hr. period it was 158. at that rate my monthly readout would be ~4600 and well over $500:eek::eek:

something is obviously wrong - and i have no clue. electric co. is sending out someone to do a meter test w/in the next month. however they will not call me ahead of time nor will they give me an exact day.....:rant they want it to go thru a full billing cycle first...

sorry, that seems to be the long version...:lmao
tia to the guys who responded to me.

That little critter in the pic, and whats (assuming it's yer PSD) plugged into it, along with Christmas Time additional power draws... could be (?), at least part (?)... of the problem.. Add in the Power Companies High Math methods of "Estimating" due to >THEIR< faulty meter....... and BANG ! an almost double power bill :eek::rant:eek:

I'd do battle with'm Red.

Unless, of course, you leave yer truck plugged in All Night....at 1500 watts ;):lmao

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no joe- as i said it only runs on the timer for 7 out of 24 hours...
xmas lite draw that much power????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14