Camper shell

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
What camper shells from other models of Ford trucks would fit my superduty? So far it seems just 99 and up superduty camper shells will only interchange. Will other Ford trucks, even older ones, fit my 99? Any insight would be great.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None, the Superduty beds are shaped different than the older beds. The front is quite a bit wider and the cab is taller.

It's not to say that you couldn't do it...I have seen it done...but it looked stupid.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None, the Superduty beds are shaped different than the older beds. The front is quite a bit wider and the cab is taller.

It's not to say that you couldn't do it...I have seen it done...but it looked stupid.

X2.

Guy down the road has a Shell that's not as high as it needs to be. Looks a bit strange.. not something I could live with anywayz.

:dunno

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Thanks groundhawg and big joe! Kind of figured it wasnt that easy haha. Im also considering a flat bed too. I would prefer aluminum over the steel just because I want my truck to still look half way decent. Anyone know any other manufacturers that do that? Im not oppposed to a used one too. I just use my truck LOTS to haul with and could fit more if I had a flat bed. I could haul two atvs on a flat bed instead of just one. Plus I noticed the cross pieces under my bed are rusting and think its time to get rid of the bed. The bed sides arnt rusted though! I just use my truck for other purposes and a flat bed with under tool boxes would be awesome!

dpantazis

Reaction score
the 'universal' toppers from the OBS trucks will fit fine on our beds.

the only thing is that the front of the bed rail will show more than the rear. i suspect that a flat bottom aluminum will mount fine too.

it WILL mount and clamp just fine.

it will look UGLY but it will work. i had one of those cheapie aluminum ones on my truck for 2 years before i saved enough for a custom topper the way that I wanted it set up (unicover safari w/sportmans package).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have an old Lumber Rack on my truck that came off of an OBS truck and it sits almost 2 inches too low. I had to add a spacer under the Rack to get it to clear the doors. It sits a little too low.

Dave :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14