Question Can cold weather cause CEL?

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has experienced this on the 6.4L. Last night it got down to about 14 below zero with the wind chill. Driving the truck a lot through out the night it seemed like it was going into regen but I don’t think it did. Then the CEL came on and threw P0528 and P2002. I can hear the fan is working but I don’t understand this. I have read some were that the trucks Ford tested in Alaska on the pipe line got replaced for gas jobs because of clogging DPF issues. Has any one heard of this, or am I the first?? Also I have the latest computer up date from ford.

:dunno

Last edited:

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update

Update, its now 2 days later and the service engine light went off. I spoke to the dealer and they claim the P2002 code was because of the MBRB DPF back tail pipe and not the temp. I told them I had that pipe on the truck for 40,000 mi. with no problem. Why all of a sudden? They had no answer. I really like how they try to dismiss all issues for any little MOD.

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
-10 in Iowa

I was in Iowa a couple of weeks ago and it was -10. I had no CEL problems with my 08. I ran a 50/50 mix of #1 and #2 diesel with Ford's black cap diesel additive (1/2 bottle per tank). I also had the radatior covered up fully and the engine never did come up to full temperature will driving in the city. The trucks milage did suffer alot. It is happy that it is home in NM (17MPG). Keep warm. Jeffro

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again

Alright the light is on again with the same 2 codes as posted above. The weather TEMP hasn’t dropped below 18 degrees, I guess its time for the dealer again. Will keep everyone posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58