Can I run BioDiesel ?

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local high volume diesel station is conducting a pole of diesel owners interest in biodiesel.

Anything in my opinion to reduce our reliance on foreign oil is a plus; so I'm in.:sweet

Questions:
1. Can my 2006 readily accept biodiesel, or will modifications be required ?
2. Should I find myself in the North country, will I be able to accept both biodiesel and ultra-low (either/or) ?

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
YES you can run Bio. The only thing is to carry a spare fuel filter (the one that goes on the frame) and wrench incase you have to change it out on the road. You can get junk out of your fuel tank in the filter. Never happened to me and I have been running B99.

Dave

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
You can choose to run it and it will burn great! Like already posted keep a spare filter especially if you have to use #2 on occasion.

Now with Ford only approving B5 you may have probs with warranty if you have any injector issues in the future if you go in with bio in your tank. All the manufacurers have been trying to site fuel as the cause for issues since they have no control over what you put in your tank. There was an instance with Chrysler in western New Mexico I heard about at work last week. Once the fuel sample was pulled from the supplier, Chrysler backed down.

It's your choice.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B5 is real safe to run, and that is the highest For drecommends. I've run B20 in my 04 without any problems. Keith

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
been running b5-b11 now for over 30k and no issues plus one tank of b20

just finished up a small batch of soy to add in so we wil be back at b12 :D
:sorry

smells differnt out back and smokes if she is cold but other than that its smoother and seems to run a bit more efficient

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
hey, where are you guys getting your bio diesel from? Most of you make your own or you getting it from stations? I sure wish we could get it in alaska.
Thanks
ryan

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question #1: Does biodiesel affect power; and if so, how (+/-)?

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question #2: What do the numbers (5, 20, etc) mean? Is that a percentage that is Bio, or the kind of Bio (corn via soy etc)?

Educate a N00b, I'm interested!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14