Can i tell if i have a dual mass flywheel?

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i tried to search this question but couldn't find the answer. I got my truck with 170K on it so i dont know if the clutch is OE. I was thinking OE would be dual mass and if it's been done it would have a one piece. I need to order parts but i'm not sure what i need. If you can help i'd appreciate it.

early 99 2wd 6spd

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
no on the dual mass if you are replacing it I highly recommend the LUK has a lighter let off with a higher clamp load I run 350-400 hp and no problems in 130,*** miles I also pull 37' 5er with in 45 hp setting. I also doubt its the orig. clutch if it towed anything it was probably replaced in the 120,*** range it was common for them (the disk) to throw the dampner springs

Last edited:

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the dampers. I've replaced 2 OEM clutches around 100k each because of those. Which was a shame because they had plenty of material left on them. I put in a South Bend clutch around 200k and will never use another OEM. They don't cost THAT much more than an OEM. Mine is about the same as mentioned below......good for 350 to 400hp and up to around 800 ft lbs on torque, but you can have them build one as stout as you want it.......and mine also has less pedal effort than OEM, but hooks up MUCH better. I'm over 315k now, so the SBC has already lasted as long as the first 2 OEM clutches. I'm curious to see how long it lasts.

Last edited:

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i know this truck has been treated ruff. IF the clutch has been replaced could that mean it defintely has a one piece flywheel?

I'm guessing napa doesnt stock south bend and since i dont know what i have till i get in there i cant order online.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14