Help Needed Can't find these DTC's

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I went to change the Hypertech tuning level on my 2004 6.0L today, and it reported 3 codes:

P0404
P1335
U0306

I found the first one, can't find the others. Anyone got a good online lookup site, or know what these are?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I came up with. Hope it helps you.

PO404- EGR curcuit range/ performance
P1335- Crankshaft Position Sensor
U0306- Software Incompatibility with Fuel Injector control module

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Thanks Patrick. The truck is running fine, although the engine made a louder-than-usual clatter on acceleration when I left for work yesterday with a cold engine. I backed off until it warmed up, and it went away. That's part of the reason I decided to change the MaxEnergy tuning level, from 3 to 2. I haven't run with this tuner in the colder weather yet, so I thought maybe it just doesn't like it. Could it be that my cam position sensor is starting to flake?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that my '05 6.0L does the same thing when it's cold but only when my programmer is on the higher settings. I am not aware of any problems with the cam positions sensors in the 6.0L's. The older 7.3's were bad for CPS's though. I would clear the codes and see if they come back before I got concerned. Cheers, Patrick.

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
So I programmed it at Level 2. When cold, it starts and runs just fine. But when hot, I have to crank the heck out of it to get it to start. Runs fine once started. No new DTCs. This hard-starting issue just came up. Any ideas? :dunno

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I had to replace the CPS on my 03' it didn't cause the truck to run any different but the check engine light wouldn't go off until I replace it... I think it was about 135 bucks and it was a booger to change on my 03 but ford changed thelocation of them on trucks born after September of 03(I think)... yours should be in the valve cover on the passenger side of the engine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14