Cant find vibration

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need an idea what to do next. I have a bad vibration at 65-75mph. I feel it more in the seat, and it gets much better when it gets cold outside. Got new tires, checked the u joints, new carrier bearing and greased the driveshaft, but its still there. what the hell? what else can cause a vibration at that speed? Its done it ever since i bought it 15k ago.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking drive shaft. It could have a dent, thrown a weight, or be bent. Find you a drive shaft shop and have them check it out.

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking drive shaft. It could have a dent, thrown a weight, or be bent. Find you a drive shaft shop and have them check it out.

I was thinking this is the only thing left. I cant fix that in the driveway, :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were a 4x4 I say pull the shaft and run on the front and see if the vibration was there. But you cant so....
The only other way is to get a large hose clamp set it were you think in needs to go at the back of the shaft and drive it then move the clap around the shaft till you feel no more vibration. Small move 1/2" at a time marking it each time you move it. When you get close then 1/4" moves. It's a pain but it works.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a dummy, but could it be a single out of balance wheel? You have new tires, but have you had their balance double checked just to rule it out? My OEM wheels throw weights once in a while and I get a great vibration at some speeds around 65, 72 and 80+; and for whatever reason not as bad when cold. I've had to have the wheels rebalanced too many times to count; the local ford dealer has done the best job for me of all the shops I've tried. Of course, our potholes are the real problem!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The tire idiots around here can't balance FOUR wheels, but can almost get three balanced. Vibration!

Dave

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a wheel, but i got 4 brand new ones and it didn't affect the vibration. I've rotated the tires once since getting new ones and that didnt affect anything either. I'm gonna try the driveshaft next i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14