Capt Bob (Newbie) says Hi to All Ya'll

captbob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Glad to be a part of this forum

I found ya'll awhile back when I was researching backup cameras for my truck camper which is on my 2011 F-350 Dually Of course the tailgate is in my garage and I miss my backup camera. One thread talked about buying the pigtail from Ford (part # BC3Z 14A412 A {cost $32}) that connects the camera in the handle to the truck and connecting it to a license plate holder camera($20 from Internet). I have done this but have not yet married the pigtail and the camera wires together An audio/video auto shop has offered to do it for me but they want an hours labor charge minimum($85) basically to prove that the wire diagram that I have is ok They are 80% sure that it is ok but want to check using an Ohm meter before making the solder connections and possibly prevent ruining my radio, in dash monitor, etc.. I would go ahead and make the solder connections myself but I lack confidence in doing this procedure. I saved that thread for about a year as a favorite but recently deleted it. Anybody remember the thread and the members involved or how to search for it? Thanks for any help you might give I recently went to a Ford Dealer and they have the camera which plugs into the pigtail mentioned above for only $132. It work great on my Truck Camper No soldering no fuss Plug it in an it works!

I did buy a cheap $120 wireless camera from Pep Boys that works all of the time and is helpful to see if my boat and trailer are following me or if they have decided to go off in another direction. It stays on all the time and is very helpful. The drawback to it is the screen size is small. But I highly recommend it as an alternative to a real Ford back up camera if you have a truck camper or any kind of camper for that matter.

I like my SuperDuty a bunch having gone out West and plan to go again soon. Tight Lines Ya'll!

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of leg work to save a few $$. I am not saying that you are made of money, but not being able to solder is a big part in this. I would pay the $85 and be done with it.

Dave ;tu

captbob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks I am leaning that way. Better to be safe than sorry. If I really did have a money tree I would have bought the tailgate camera from Ford for $400 and be done with it. Sadly the coins are not there so I will get my auto audio/video shop to handle this. Tight Lines

FOUND THE CAMERA AT FORD FOR $132. BOUGHT IT AND IT WORKS GREAT!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58