Car Haulers Gone Wild

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This photo is of a Ford LTD that my Daddy drove right off the head ramp and over the hood of this KW, at the Dallas Auto Auction. I think this was taken in the early 70's.

He found it today and was showing it to me for the first time in a long time. I thought it had been lost.

He said a wrecker picked up the tail end of the car and he backed the truck out of the way and the wrecker lowered it to the ground.

The only damage to the car was a marker light in the bumper. Talk about Ford tough!

Overthetop.jpg

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am completely surprised he didn't get hurt and fold the car in half! Thanks for sharing that one Bama.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This photo is of a Ford LTD that my Daddy drove right off the head ramp and over the hood of this KW, at the Dallas Auto Auction. I think this was taken in the early 70's.

He found it today and was showing it to me for the first time in a long time. I thought it had been lost.

He said a wrecker picked up the tail end of the car and he backed the truck out of the way and the wrecker lowered it to the ground.

The only damage to the car was a marker light in the bumper. Talk about Ford tough!

Overthetop.jpg

Don't you wonder what was going through his mind at the point of no return, other then butt cheeks grab en vinyl and hag on. Nice photo something to blow up and hag on the wall for a good laugh.;tu

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats pretty cool, most of my family are truck drivers and my mom usta drive a car hauler so i really enjoyed that :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58