Carefree slide out awnings

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is installing the above on both slide outs for our Wildcat 29rlbs 5er. Any inputs on the Carefree brand of slide out toppers?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mine work great
the one that was exposed to the HoT summer sun is starting to show some small holes
but they work as advertised

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Carefree brand have center supports? It looked like it did. Not sure what brand I have on my Sierra as I had the factory install them when I bought the camper. My big complaint is on the long slide out the water pools in the center when it rains!!-mad The ones I just saw at the CareFree site look like it has support in the center.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are completely inclosed when toppers are in the retracted position. Ours do not have the center supports, but looking at the angle, it looks like water would not puddle on these. I will take some pictures tomorrow. The dealer pointed out on other rigs, the different qualities of topper, and ours does look the best of what I saw. So I am pleased with what they sold us.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they work better than mine. I am going to try and adjust the tension on them. The span is so long on the that the whole spool assembly tends to warp in towards the camper at the center, causing the pooling. At least it keeps the top of the slide-out dry :sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they work better than mine. I am going to try and adjust the tension on them. The span is so long on the that the whole spool assembly tends to warp in towards the camper at the center, causing the pooling. At least it keeps the top of the slide-out dry :sweet

What brand did you buy?
I know that the dealer did some ajustments on ours and put in stop screws, so that they would not slip.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand did you buy?
I know that the dealer did some ajustments on ours and put in stop screws, so that they would not slip.

I'll have to look and see if I can find a brand name. When I ordered our trailer I made them throw in slide-out toppers as part of the deal. The dealer had the factory install them and at the time never thought about particular brands!:doh: Wish I had now. If I get the name, I'll post it.

I am going to try adjusting it on our next trip. Headin' for the Keys at the end of the month!!:hail :woot

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of the toppers. I really like the way they turned out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14