Cat delete pipe questions

Fine69

Reaction score
I currently have MBRP Turbo back cool duals, with the cat and the MBRP muffler. Will deleting the cat just make the Turbo whistle louder? Or will it make the whistle and the exhaust louder also? The exhaust is the only performance mod I've done so far. Thanks for any help!:thanks

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
everything will be louder, your removing one of the most restrictive parts of the exhaust system

Do you own a 6.0? Have you removed the cat from it? Did it improve performance? Gale Banks did and said there was less than a tenth difference in a quarter mile ET.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The cat isn't as restrictive as you might think. If Budro says one tenth at the quarter mile, that isn't a lot.

Dave

Fine69

Reaction score
So, do you guys think it's worth removing? I really only want to remove it for the increased whistle, and a little more rumble.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Contact Robert (powerboatr) he has first hand knowledge, I'm just a little ole 7.3 guy;)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Contact Robert (powerboatr) he has first hand knowledge, I'm just a little ole 7.3 guy;)
doon dun dun
he is ariived intact still wearing the SQ suit

Jeff,
dude,
i am not one to pick
but A. i am older, sit back and learn.
B. a disabled veteran and may or may not suffer from an illness the va may or may not recognize as serious to others that my pass by
but i do recognize a post HOE

please PM a mod is you need numbers, shoot take 3k of mine if you need em

wisdom and age dont need numbers......:sweet

fine69
I currently have MBRP Turbo back cool duals, with the cat and the MBRP muffler. Will deleting the cat just make the Turbo whistle louder? YES :D Or will it make the whistle and the exhaust louder also?YES The exhaust is the only performance mod I've done so far. Thanks for any help
do we care? NO i cant hear it from the cab :D
seriously
we ran the mbrp with cat installed for a while
you could hear the whistle and a deep rumble very nice
then we dropped the kitty and
deeper rumble, better mpg by 2, egt dropped another 200-300 pulling
the rv below, i beleive its actually an efficient cat, but ...... i did notice better low end UMMPH without it and the above mpg and egt changes
louder whistle....... again probably but i cant tell from inside the cab
i do know by the action of the gate guards each morning that when i agressivley accelerate away from teh check point they all JUMP and give me an evil EYEBALL :D :D
lucky for me each morning its a differnt set of guards.....:sly :innocent

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
I run the mbrp system. When installed, the cat was deleted but the new mbrp muffler was used. It was still nice and quite. Since then I have deleted the muffler. My EGT's stay down more and the sound is still at low levels. I can hear the turbo spool up now that I have no muffler but it isn't that load. The only thing I don't like is the choppy helicopter sound with the straight pipe. I figure though that those that have powerstrokes know that this is a normal sound of a straight piped truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya