Cat Delete?

hondo1312

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there any product out there to delete the cat on a STOCK 6.0L exhaust system? I looked at the MBRP test pipe, and it looked to me like that was to delete the cat on an MBRP exhaust. Please advise!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that mbrp "test" (aka cat delete) pipe will fit the factory
exhaust...no cutting required....takes about 15min total
to drop the cat and install the test pipe.

two bolts and a clamp thats it.

Ive personally installed that exact test pipe on a
factory <original> system...no problems.

forum sponsors DPPI and ITP Diesel
offer the mbrp test pipe for about 50 bucks.

Last edited:

hondo1312

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. Do I need to purchase the clamp(s) separately, or are they provided with the test pipe?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. Do I need to purchase the clamp(s) separately, or are they provided with the test pipe?

everything you need (including the flange gasket) is included in the
box...or at least it was w/ the 3 ive installed when purchased from dppi.

the pipe is HIGH QUALITY stainless (no rustin').

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Mine did not come with the gasket or bolts. I did not use a gasket to put it in my stock system and did not have an exhaust leak problem. But, if you are doing it by yourself it will take a little longer than 15min or so.

I went to the hardware store and bought some 2-2.5" grade 8 bolts and nuts with washers to clamp them together though.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did not come with the gasket or bolts. I did not use a gasket to put it in my stock system and did not have an exhaust leak problem. But, if you are doing it by yourself it will take a little longer than 15min or so.

I went to the hardware store and bought some 2-2.5" grade 8 bolts and nuts with washers to clamp them together though.

who did you buy your pipe from ? was an MBRP ?
i did 'em by myself...i didnt have a problem.

even if it doesnt come w/ the hardware, you can use
the existing hardware thats holding the cat in place.

hondo1312

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info, guys. I'll be ordering the piece soon. I'm new to all the lingo and whatnot, and I really appreciate the constructive responses.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Bush,
It was from 4wheelparts (local pickup and 10% mil. disc.) in the original MBRP packing, unopened. It was not that big of a deal. I ended up getting an entire system from the same place with a 20% discount.

The biggest thing I am saying is, on the ground, in the driveway, by yourself it is not that fun.

jmanf250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
waste....

Look.... i went through the whole thing of buying a system and little by little removing components....but.... bottom line... just go to a performance muffler shop and have them run a 4" or 4 1/2" pipe from the turbo to wherever you like and delete all mufflers and cats.... and you will have the best sound you can have. SO...SKIP THE COSTS AND BUY SOME PIPE!
:clap:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look.... i went through the whole thing of buying a system and little by little removing components....but.... bottom line... just go to a performance muffler shop and have them run a 4" or 4 1/2" pipe from the turbo to wherever you like and delete all mufflers and cats.... and you will have the best sound you can have. SO...SKIP THE COSTS AND BUY SOME PIPE!
:clap:

so did your local muffler shop use a mandrel bender when they
fab'd your exhaust system ? did they use stainless ? what kind of
stainless...

did they WELD your pipes on or clamp 'em ? you gonna be able
to re-install the cat and / or muffler for inspection ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14