Question CB Antenna

Skydogfarms

SDD Member
Reaction score
I recently (re)installed my Cobra CB back into my truck. Im just curious as to what antennas you guys are using. Im currently using a 2ft tunable firestick. For its size it does okay but, I am considering purchasing a 4ft antenna. What brands/models do you guys use and what do you like or dislike about them? Thanks!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
any of the wilsons.replace the stock coax with atleast RG8.K-40s are good.102" whips are excellent but gotta make sure everything is grounded well.twin truckers need to be atleast 9 feet apart to be able to tune them

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
while we're on the subject.. what's up with all the truckers pointing the tips of their antennas down the road in front of their cabs? Every one I see lately has the antenna's tipped at at least a 30degree angle out in front of the mirrors...

looks as stOoPiD as the Dodge guys with the tow mirrors flipped up...

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while we're on the subject.. what's up with all the truckers pointing the tips of their antennas down the road in front of their cabs? Every one I see lately has the antenna's tipped at at least a 30degree angle out in front of the mirrors...

:coffee

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wilson 5000 mag mount is the way to go. Mount as close to the center of the roof as possible for maximum ground plane to get maximum range. Get yourself an external SWR meter and tune the antenna to the radio and you'll be good to go. I am running the Wilson 1000 mounted through the roof. Drilling the hole seemed like a good idea at the time but not so much anymore now that I'm considering changing to the 5000.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score

it was explained to me a while ago,but i forgot why they do it but there is a reason.its not done for looks.most of the trucks with the antennas like that are running a BIG radio

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score

It changes the radiation pattern giving them more range to the front.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58