photos CB Install....where do you recommend?

Glockerman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all...hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
I want to install a small cobra CB on my '08 Super Duty Lariat but I'd like to ask you guys for some suggestions on where to install it. Maybe one spot my interfere with something else so I'd like some suggestions, if you all would be so kind. I'm installing a small Cobra I9dx...i believe that's the model #. Where do you suggest? Thank you all in advance. :sly

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the same thing in my truck (for when I get a cb) and the best place I had in mind was to mount it below where you would put the brake ccontrol....to the right of the staeering wheel. Not sure how the 08 interior is though

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my CB mounted to the bottom of the dash over the bag ahnger thing. I have a much larger, better radio than you're planning to install so it covers the whole area.

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
on my truck they have it mounted on the center of the floor but I don not like that since it is kinda in the way. I have the bench seat in mine. I would put it on the bag hanger.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered a hump mount since I can't seem to get my CB to not squeak as I drive down the road. If the state of Alaska would learn to pave a road so it stays smooth that would help too. I've been looking at this mount since its adjustable.

Workman HUM1 Hump Mount at WalcottCB.com

Found this picture of where my radio is mounted. I have since lowered it down so I can actually use the cigar lighter as a second power outlet.

IMAG0142.jpg

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Years ago when I had one I stuffed it between the drivers seat and the console. Yes it was a tight fit.

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the Front of the Consol. 6 speed shifter clearance issues.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one I have in my truck.
CB Radio HUMP MOUNT, W/ SPEAKER DS78B
It's been good for 5 + years now.

Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members