CB mics

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my cobra 25 repaired. Thought it was something internal that would not let me send. I could hear fine. Took to a cb shop near the local truck stop area and he said it was the mic I was using. I was watching while he hooked it up to the oscilloscope and saw the pattern with my mic, cobra m85. He said they had some problems. He put in a different mic and the pattern was MUCH better.

He recommended a Astatic 636l. after searching online I also found a cobra m75 that seem to get good reviews, especially with a few mods.

What would those of you more familiar with CBs recommend? I just don't know about having to hold the astatic, or any mic, right up to my lips. Never did with the m85.

Thanks

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used anything but a Road King 56", you can find them on ebay from $30 bucks up to 50 or 60 bucks. I have one that I am sure it's got a million miles on it. LOL
The man who made the first astatic mic was a friend of mine many years ago and I got to hold and try out his
proto type to see how I liked it. Something about it I didn't like and I told him what it was. A few other drivers
told him the same thing and he changed it just a little.
You do hold it close to your lips. Good Luck.
Doug

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58