CB standing wave adjustment

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
OK you CB gurus.
Just put my K40 Trucker antenna on with a K40 57 inch whip with a cobra 29 and i cant seem to get my standing wave down? It is right around 3. I had the same radio in my old truck with a K40 Mag. mount and the standing wave was perfect, 1.

Any ideas?

Neal

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Many times it makes a difference on where it's located that determines the swr level.

Are you using the coax kit that came with the antenna? If yes tell me the length and the type(it'll be printed on the coax)

I generally recommend RG-8X coax to everyone using CB's for it attenuates the least,is flexible as the house RG-58 coax and does SWR's very good.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
If he went from a mag mount on the roof to a whip mounted behind the cab or on the bumper that might be the problem.

It could be interacting with the back of the cab or the tailgate. If so, relocating it might help.

Tbar

CHPMustang

Reaction score
How long is your coax? It should be 18 foot or 20 foot long.
Depending on the length and type coax it is you can loop the extra coax 6-8 times into a coil creating a choke which can improve both swr and performance although one goes in hand with the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58