Question CCV Mod Basic Q

Jimn8or

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To do this mod are you guys simply adding a breather to the d/s valve cover and blocking off where the other end of the breather pipe terminates???:dunno What are you using to plug the hole? I've seen a company that I believe lists this piece, but has been out of stock for a very long time. Is there any blow-by fogging the engine after this mod?
Thanks,
Jim

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have ever noticed all of the oil residue that lives on the intercooler hoses, or have ever opened up those hoses and seen the oil inside the piping, that is because the crank case is vented upstream of the turbocharger. All of the oily air is routed back though the intake system.

This mod eliminates that...routes the oily air either to a collection canister or others route it into the exhaust pipe downstream of the engine. Some have simply opened it up to the air under the truck somewhere.

This is a mod that I am planning on getting done this summer.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this thread.
It has rained here all week and has not been good picture taking weather.

Plus....I will have to take the air filter kit out to get a good shot of the CCV outlet.

I will try my best to get some pics up soon.

Jimn8or

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bama

Standing by your shots + input. It's been pissing rain here so long the neighbor is building an ark. Looking fwd to your input.
Jim

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Here are some pics.

The ones at the engine compartment are not that good. I would have to remove the air filter kit and duct work to get better shots, but just didn't fell like doing it the other day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14