CCV Mod

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did the CCV mod and im pretty surprised on how much visible vapor is seen and someimes smelled. i was wondering how much vapor should be expelled. its pretty much a constant cloud at a stop. just wondering how much is normal and if anyone else has this much vapor.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I also was somewhat surprised at the amount of vapor volume but it seems most engines are running about the same;)

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
I recently did the CCV mod and im pretty surprised on how much visible vapor is seen and someimes smelled. i was wondering how much vapor should be expelled. its pretty much a constant cloud at a stop. just wondering how much is normal and if anyone else has this much vapor.

I was unhappy w/ the amount of vapor, too. So I routed my hose into the exhaust.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was kinda shocked and surprised with the amount of vapors also, i too ran mine into the exhaust after a while, made it much better, still has slight vapor coming out, but mostly can only notice at night when headlights are behind me at a light.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I first took my intercooler off and gave it a bath to find the thing was pretty clean. I havent found a good enough reason to do this mod so it is still hooked up and still running like a god.:dunno

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do have to admit that under the hood is alot less oily and dirty. but at drive thrus is were it bothers me. must stop eating fast food

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Yes a health benny... and the oilly tube's are the biggest reason, and the restruction in the intake...

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd lean more towards oil in the intercooler reducing its efficiency being the biggest factor, then oil causing boots to pop being the next largest factor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14