CCV mod

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's a link to the 99-2003 7.3L CCV Article.

I'm sure the mod would be similar for the 94-97 rigs as long as the CCV is introduced into the fresh air intake system.:sweet

One thing that all the oil can have an effect on is the intercoolers cooling efficiency as the oil vapors coat the internal aluminum metal surfaces.:cussing:

Here's a photo with the oil draining from the intercooler:eek:

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I wasn't sure. Just thought that the oil going in might add more problems with leaving carbon deposits on the turbo. I guess this can actually help lubricate the turbo bearing more. or maybe not. Just wasn't sure.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
On our non-intercooled trucks the CCV mod isnt necessary but............. some guys do relocate the CCV to a spot in the exhaust down stream of the turbo. If you weld a bung at a 45° angle in the direction of exhaust flow it will pull a vacuum and then the CC can be vented there. Now, this isnt the environmentally sound way to vent a CC as the gasses are intended to be combusted in the engine.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
95_stroker, thanks for your reply, the question was because Im going to change the orange boot with the upgraded black one, and I dont want to use the union which comes with the kit, because of that obstruction, insted Im planning to put a 4" pipe, and do the CCV mod; what do you think? :confused:
BTW im planning to end the hose in the exhaust, its OK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg